Friday, July 16, 2021

FRIDAY STIR FRY: WTF

 


                                          Morguefile.com free photographs for commercial use


I just want to give this bunny a hug, but I can't because of social distancing. 

I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing pandemic fatigue. 

This is not what I expected in my retirement. I retired June 2020 when the pandemic was just a few months old. What I heard then from "experts" was this would last about a year, especially if we got a vaccine. Then everything would be back to 'normal'. I could spend time with my son and grandsons. I could spend time with friends. I could hang out without a mask at my local pub and baseball game. 

A year and almost six months later, we are currently in a major surge. Thanks Delta. 

My part of the country has been in the nightly news almost every night this past week. Yep, I live in the backwards Ozarks. I used to be proud to be born and raised in this part of the country. Not so much now. How did we become so stupid. Missouri is the Show Me State, meaning you have to prove things to us. But even though science has proved it, and hospitalizations have proved it, and deaths have proved it, many of my fellow citizens have kept their blinders on. 

I'm tired. I'm vaccinated but that doesn't matter now. Because so many people aren't, I am now more vulnerable. Not to mention my 5 and 2 year old grandsons.

Other countries would love to have even one free vaccine. We have three. What a selfish nation we have become.    




No comments:

Post a Comment