Friday, March 7, 2014

FRIDAY STIR FRY - What Not

Spring
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1436001


Is Spring finally here? Shhhh - don't scare it away. This has been the longest Winter in my recent memory. Lots of frozen stuff and bone chilling cold. I tremble every month when my utility bill arrives. Hopefully we are on the downhill side.

I'm doing the writing waiting game right now. Hope to make a big announcement next Friday. Fingers crossed.

One of my writer friends said it takes her all day to write on her blog. Of course, she tries to impart wisdom and writing advice. Me, on the other hand, just write whatever is on my mind. Sometimes it's profound and wise (yea, right) but, most times it's just a brain dump. which can get pretty messy. All that brain matter splattered on the page.

Did you guys do the John Travolta name generator?

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/low_concept/2014/03/john_travolta_called_idina_menzel_adele_dazeem_what_s_your_travolta_name.html

Mine is Warren Farster. Pretty funny. If you do it, please post your name in the comments. Would love to see them.



13 comments:

  1. Mine is Aoife Cozzins. I'm cool with that because I like the name Aoife. It's pronounced Ee-fa and I used it in The Siren's Sentinel. Yeah...that's better than Alice. One time I got a piece of mail that said Abrie. I was like, yep, still better than Alice.

    Names. Good stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed on that good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have known how to pronounce that one!

      Delete
  2. I missed Travolta's butchery. I've looked for a youtube link for it and can't find one. Anyway, my name: Christy Mceezald.

    You know, this might be a good character naming tool.... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Stephen Dorners. I hope I don't look like a Stephen.

    My fingers are crossed for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one. You and I both turned into men.

      Delete
    2. I don't think either one of us could pull it off.

      Delete
  4. My Travoltaized name is Bethany Kzing....I can live with it.
    Hoping and looking forward to a special newsflash from you, Wanda Kay. I'm always in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your method. Imparting wisdom takes too much time. I post something every Sunday and Wednesday. Whether people are reading it or not is another matter. :)

    ReplyDelete