Friday, April 25, 2014

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Waiting



My Next Trip
http://www.freeimages.com/photo/1320575
So, I'm not so patiently waiting on my second round of edits. I know my editor (love getting to say that) is busy, busy, busy and I'm not her only insecure author. It's the same thing my clients at work don't understand. I have tons of you people I have to coordinate and appease. Be Patient.

In the meantime I'm working on another novel. Actually, I've been working on it for a long time. The idea first appeared soon after my mother died in a nursing home. What if a young woman had to return home to bury her mother and ran smack dab into some old memories?

I've attempted several NaNo reincarnations going in all kinds of different directions. First my main character was going to try and locate her father. Dropped that idea. Then there was going to be some kind of investigation at the nursing home involving euthanasia. Decided against that. Then I was going to kill off a character. Struggled with that one. Now, I'm reconsidering the finding father angle. Anyway, it's a mess. I just need to sit my butt in the chair and write. It will work itself out. I hope. Because this story won't let me go.

I would love to know if you have a story that won't let you go.

4 comments:

  1. I like the father angle and I have a children's picture book series that keeps nagging at me, as well as a romantic suspense.

    I'm STILL waiting on second round edits and signed my contract months ago. But I asked that my release date be pushed back, so it's my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have a children's book nagging you. You are so diversified. I pretty much stick to romance. The waiting is hard. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a shelf full of untold stories that I've started and stopped. Nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tierney, nice to know I'm not alone either. Sometimes, you just need to start writing and see what comes out in the wash.

    ReplyDelete