Friday, January 3, 2014

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Ahhh, a new year

Pastel New Year 2
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1435613

 
Yes, it's that time of year again. When we happily swear we're going to give up something that probably isn't good for us but that we probably really love doing. Like eating fast food (come on, who doesn't crave McD's fries once in a while). Or smoking. I rarely hear a smoker say they hate it. They may say they need to quit, but they enjoy those cigs. And the biggie - losing weight. I get as sick of the weight loss commercials this time of year as I do Christmas music by December 25th.

This year the only thing I'm giving up is Keno. I love gambling but it's not a very good investment strategy. Especially when you're as big a loser as I am. So, I guess what I really mean is I need to get my financial house in order. Sorry kids of the State of Missouri schools where Keno proceeds supposedly go. I'll make it up to you some other way.

A positive commitment I've made - write every day. Just get in the habit. It doesn't matter how much or how crappy, just write.

Two days into this year and I'm golden on both. Yeah!

How are you doing on your resolutions or do you even bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment