Friday, April 24, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - A New Direction

http://www.morguefile.com


Received the news this week that my publisher, Breathless Press, is closing shop. Financial reasons were the explanation. With many authors going the self-publishing route through Amazon and offering their work at an inexpensive price, it's difficult for a small press publisher to charge enough per book to make any money. Especially after they pay the editors and cover artists. It's understandable, but sad.

About this time last year I was in the midst of final edits for Beyond The Horizon. It was all so new and exciting. A dream come true. I had a publisher, a fantastic cover and an editor I loved. Now, I have to begin all over. Well, not quite. I don't have to write the book again since I'm getting my rights back.

Many of my writer friends are urging me to self-publish. Some have even offered to help with cover art and formatting. Bless their hearts. I already published Briefs and Shorts on Kindle, so I think I could do the same with my book. I've set up a Create Space account to print a paperback version. Onward and upward. I can do this. I think.

So (fingers crossed), in about a month, Beyond The Horizon will be back out there with a new cover, a paper edition, and a lower price.

3 comments: