Friday, June 5, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Busy Week


So much has happened this week. Much more than usual in my normally calm life.

First, I received my proof copy of Beyond The Horizon from Create Space. I'm not gonna lie, I shed a little tear. To finally hold my book in my hands was the most amazing feeling. I checked for errors and finding none, I approved it. So my book is now available on Amazon for Kindle and in paperback. If you want to purchase, just click the cover on the side bar.

My 60th birthday was this week. I know, I can't believe I'm that old either. I don't think I look a day over 59. My son and daughter in law gave me a die cutting/embossing machine for my other love, scrap booking. And the writer tee shirt I ordered for myself came in. I received some flowers from a couple of good friends. And best of all, I've had the last three days off work. I haven't been a bit bored. I've gone to cafes, coffee shops and the library. I've done some much needed cleaning and some much needed writing. I could so totally not work.

And speaking of writing, I'm finally getting back to my work in progress. Although, it's been a bit tough. This thing starts out pretty good then goes every which way. Going to take a lot of patience on my part to get it back on track. But, it will happen. I need to get another book out there.

Now, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my time off.

What do you like to do when you have some time off?

2 comments:

  1. Great that you received your hard copy. It must be quite an experience, considering how much work went into that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel good Chuck. I'm sure you'll have that excitement soon when you get your book done.

    ReplyDelete