Friday, June 12, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - What a Mess

http://www.morguefile.com



I rent my house. I know all the detractors out there who say I'm wasting my money, I should buy a house. No, I shouldn't. I'm single and don't have the resources, the tools or the skill to make repairs. Because I rent, when something goes wrong, all I have to do is call my landlord. And, I'm lucky, he gets right on things. I know some landlords aren't that cooperative.

I let some things go too long this time, though. It's just such a pain to have him come over and do repairs. He's a man after all and they are really good at making a mess. I have to leave the back door unlocked because he doesn't have a key and in my neighborhood that's asking for trouble. I had about 3 pretty major things that needed attention, from a leaky faucet, to a rotting bathroom floor, to the kitchen ceiling falling in.

All week, he has been there. My kitchen table and chairs are in my office, along with the curtains, pictures, etc. He decided to put up sheet rock. And of course, like I pointed out being a man, didn't think to put anything over the kitchen door opening when he sanded the mud. Yep, now I have sheet rock dust everywhere. My first thought was my lap top, my writing instrument, my lifeline to the world. Luckily I'd closed it the night before, but there was dust laying on it. And I feared there was dust in the ports. But, all seems okay. I haven't been able to cook either because of the mess. Although, to be honest, I haven't minded that so much.

I probably shouldn't be complaining, after all, things are getting fixed. And this too shall pass. But, you all know, I love to bitch.

Have you lived with construction work and how did you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment