Friday, July 24, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - My Muse Needs A Watch




http://www.morguefile.


The end of CampNaNoWriMo is near and I can guarantee you I won't make my word count. Mostly because I've deleted more words than I've written. Which is a big no no.

But . . . in my defense, if I didn't fix this thing by re-arranging and removing words, it would languish in my computer until the end of days. And nobody wants that. I know you all are anxiously awaiting this book. Right?

Back to the real reason for this post. My muse really needs to pay attention to what time zone I'm in. When I'm struggling with my story, she tends to show up at 3:00 am. Really?? You know I have to get up in a few hours and go to work. If I turn on the light and write your idea down, I'll never get back to sleep. And nobody wants to deal with a sleep deprived Wanda.

http://www.morguefile.com
Sometimes I remember what she told me. Sometimes not. This time, I retained it. Maybe because it was a perfect twist and ending to this story I've been struggling to finish.

Many people say their muse hits them in the shower. That happens to me, also. Not nearly as annoying as 3 in the morning. I usually remember those ideas until I can dry off and get a pen and paper.

When does your muse hit you up side the head?

2 comments:

  1. Usually in the car or on a long walk. I reallly wish, I could just plug in and download my brain. I've written some of my best chapters in my head with no way to capture them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That would be great if we could download our brain. Maybe somebody will figure that out in the future.

    ReplyDelete