Friday, July 10, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Rain and Writing and Stuff



http://www.morguefile.com
Tired of rain, so I thought I'd post a picture of the sun to remind myself and others what it looks like. Enjoy.

Yep, it's been pretty soggy in these here parts. At my place, I keep my windows open, and all this moisture has made the inside of my whole house damp and yucky. Not as bad as some people around here. Homes have flooded, roads have washed away and there have been a bunch of water rescues. We need some 90 degree days. I mean for goodness sake, it is summer right? At least the calendar says so. Apparently Mother Nature is confused. Wish I could give some of this to people out west. I know they are suffering without rain. Heck when Tom Selleck is stealing water, it's bad.

On the writing front - not much news. I have written some, but of course, not nearly enough to meet my CampNaNo goal. I am starting to get a feel for the story again, so that's good. I plan on writing a bunch this weekend. (of course that's the plan every weekend but . . . )

Looking forward to Sleuths' Ink Mystery Writers  meeting this Saturday. We are having a Poison Tea Party (without the poison, I hope). We will have all kinds of tea and goodies. Perhaps some tea leaf readings. We are to wear fancy hats and write a poem for a contest. I have both and I'm breaking out a fancy purse. I used to collect Enid Collins purses so I dug one of them out. What do you think? 

Had a blast at last year's party. This group is so much fun. Maybe I'll have pictures next week. Until then I hope we all get the weather we want.









2 comments:

  1. That purse is probably back in style. I remember those.

    Enjoy the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're really cool. I probably still have around 15 of them.

    ReplyDelete