Friday, August 14, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Planning A Writing Weekend

http://www.morguefile.com


Every week I tell myself I'm going to do nothing but write all weekend. And then life happens or I just get lazy. But, this weekend, I'm devoting myself to my writing. Period.

All my other obligations are taken care of. I've done well with promotion this week, so I don't feel pressured to do that. My writer group meetings are over for the month. Everything else can wait. Grocery shopping can wait. Bill paying can wait. Laundry can wait. What do I need clean clothes for anyway? Cleaning house can certainly wait. Nobody there but me and I've grown fond of my dust bunnies. I may even start naming them. Any suggestions?

But just to make sure those obligations aren't going to be calling my name, there's a new coffee shop my laptop and I will be checking out. And a few others on my list when I get tired of sitting in one place. Heck, I may spend my whole paycheck (which won't take long) on coffee and scones. 

My goal: To come close to finishing my second novel. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. How close are you to finishing it? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only about half way done, but I know the ending, so I'm hoping that propels me forward.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! What is the new coffee house? I'm always on the lookout, ha! You can doooo eeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eurasia Coffee and Tea. Commercial and Benton.

      Delete
  3. I love coffee shops and tea rooms. Lock the doors and start writing.

    ReplyDelete