Friday, September 4, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Labor Day - Writing Day

http://www.morguefile.com



It's Labor Day Weekend. Three days to be me. That needs to be writer me. Not lazy me, not laundry me, not Netflix me. Well, maybe a little Netflix. I had three days off last weekend, but didn't get anything written. In my defense, I was drained from work drama. (see last week's post)

Saturday will be somewhat of a writing day. I have a writer's meeting that will take up most of the day. Hopefully it gives me inspiration. But usually after these meetings, I don't write. I think it has to do with writer overload. Don't get me wrong, I love being around my author friends. But when I spend most of the day talking about writing and listening about writing techniques, it can sometimes wear me out. And then writing ends up being the last thing I want to do. A nice cold beer at my watering hole is usually what happens.

That still leaves Sunday and Monday to make up things and put them on paper. I have some Starbucks cards that will be used.

**Follow up from last weeks rant. Be careful who you trust. And you can't trust anybody at work.      Voodoo dolls help.

1 comment:

  1. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    labor day sale

    ReplyDelete