Friday, April 1, 2016

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Break Is Over

https://www.morguefile.com


No, unfortunately it wasn't that kind of break. I wish it was. Doesn't that look wonderful? My break was neither fun or glamorous. 

First of all, I took a writing break. I don't know why. It wasn't planned. I lost my muse or my inspiration, or my desire. I think it had something to do with my work in progress which has been in progress for several years now. And it's not progressing. I think I stopped caring. I started doubting I would ever finish it or any other book. 

Secondly, I haven't felt well. In fact, I ended up in the hospital for five days. And, everyone knows that is not a fun vacation. And now I'm coping with medication and doctor visits and it sucks. But, this has also made me realize there is no promise of tomorrow. I need to follow my dream today. Nobody is going to write that book for me. And I will never be a best selling author with just one book out there.

Third - my writing groups have gotten on my last nerve - which is not a good sign. Demands on my time, disagreements and less than inspiring speakers have killed my desire to go to the meetings. I used to love these groups and wouldn't dream of missing them. Now, I'm not sure they are worth my time.   

Or, maybe, it was just the winter blues. Cold weather and lack of sunshine puts me in a fowl mood. Now that Spring is here, I'm feeling the need to write again. Starting with this blog. No more slacking off. I am a writer. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if the things you described are not bad per se. but you may be a little burned out. Maybe if you take a break, things will look more positive when you come back.

    ReplyDelete