Friday, September 2, 2016

FRIDAY STIR FRY - I Caved

Okay, I'm doing the book signing I wrote about last week. The determining factor: It is at a book store, which means people actually go there to buy books. And it's a local store, not the one remaining chain store. Buy local and all that. My one and only other book signing was at a library. There wasn't much interest in purchasing books by people going there.

My books came in today, so no backing out now. And the charms I like to attach to my business cards arrived a few days ago. All that's left to buy is the candy. Last time I gave away Hershey's Kisses. I think this time I'm going with those heart shaped Dove candies. Nothing says "Want to read a romance?" better than chocolate. Right?

I still need to make a small poster advertising my next book. Too bad it's not done, but they don't need to know that. Maybe that's the incentive I need to finish it. I have been working on it this past week at my day job ... shhh. That's between you and me. My job is really slow right now, I've got to do something to look busy.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay for writing on the job. That's the only way I get things done any more. Sorry I won't be there to see you. We're in Columbia that weekend.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete