Friday, October 2, 2020

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Ideas

https://morguefile.com




 

Writers are often asked "Where do you get your ideas?" 

I don't like this question because, frankly, I have no clue. Literally no ... freaking ... idea.

Just coming up with something to write for this blog is difficult for me. 

And to tell you the truth, I don't come up with tons of ideas for stories or novels. There are authors out there that have notebooks full of ideas. Visions and stories that seem to float down to them from the heavens. I'm not one of those lucky writers. 

I hate them.  😏

I use writing prompts sometimes. Anything to spark my imagination. But even then, I don't know where the story will lead me, if anywhere. One site I use quite a bit is https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/. There are also books full of ideas. Just go to Amazon and type in 'writing prompts'. 

After I finish my current novel, I have two others I started during National Novel Writing month. At least those ideas are already formed and just waiting on me to do something with them. Sorry about the wait characters. I'll get back to you soon.  




No comments:

Post a Comment