Friday, October 9, 2020

FRIDAY STIR FRY: Weird Times


 I used to collect teddy bears. If I still did, I would adopt this one. He looks lonely. And worried. Kind of like a lot of us during this weird time. 

I know a lot of people adopted pets to help them through quarantine and beyond. That's not for me. Not that I don't like animals, I just don't want to take care of one. I have a tough enough time taking care of myself. The feeding, the walking, the grooming is all so tiresome.  I don't want double duty. Plus pets die eventually. I've seen many people really tore up when their pet dies. I don't need that sadness in my life, especially now when the world is filled with it. 

But, a teddy bear would be the next best thing. I could cuddle it, pet it, talk to it, take it on car rides. And, the only care it needs would be an occasional dusting.

Amazon, here I come.   

1 comment:

  1. We just had to put down a dog we had for almost 17 years. Not fun at all. I don't want anymore. Not even a stuffed one. Dusting is no fun either. Just read a book.

    ReplyDelete