Friday, October 28, 2016

FRIDAY STIR FRY - NaNo Time





Well, it's that time of year again. National Novel Writing Month is nearly here. And, of course, I've signed up. Why? Why? Why? (beats head against desk)

Anybody who reads this blog already knows what NaNoWriMo is. If not here is the link. 

I've failed miserably the last several years. But, so what? That is no reason not to try this year. Yep, I'm a gluten for punishment. And, I'm starting to panic. I have an idea for a story, but since I can't stand to outline, that's about all I have. From past experience, I know at some point, that initial idea will start to wither and die. Usually about 20,000 words in. That's the problem with being a pantser. If the next plot twist doesn't come, you're kind of stuck. 

I already have three unfinished NaNo novels. The one I've been trying to finally complete this year, is going nowhere. I've decided to put it out of my misery. Perhaps it will never get finished. Perhaps it's not meant to be. Maybe this new idea will blossom into a story I can finish and publish. Hope springs eternal and so does insanity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment