Friday, December 2, 2016

FRIDAY STIR FRY - In A Funk

https://morguefile.com

noun
1.    1.
NORTH AMERICAN
a state of depression.
"I sat absorbed in my own blue funk"
synonyms:
a (state of) depression, a bad mood, a low, the dumps, the doldrums, a blue funk
"he was in a funk because his wife ran out on him"

Maybe I should re-name my Friday blog posts to "Always In A Funk". Seems to be the state of my life lately. It all started with the election. I know I shouldn't let it bother me so much, but REALLY??
What an absolute disaster.

And after that, I had a hard time writing for NaNo. I got behind in word count and gave up.

And, winter is coming. I HATE winter. (I know, I'm yelling a lot - can't help it).

And, I'm bored. With my knee pain, it is hard to do anything except go to work and come home. BORING.

I keep telling myself to do what I can. Write, scrapbook, read, catch up on Netflix. Thing is, when I sit down to do any of that, I end up staring into space and wishing I was somewhere doing something fun.

Yep, I'm definitely in a funk.

I know I'm not the only one. How do you get back on track when your motivation train derails??






No comments:

Post a Comment