Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Meet Wilson

 

Say hello to Wilson. He was my buddy during the first couple months of Covid-19 quarantine. 

He was one of my grandson's toys and as far as I know, he had no name. I gave him the name Wilson in honor of the Tom Hanks movie Castaway. Because, I certainly felt like I was lost on a desert island, adrift in a sea of unknowns. The most of which was, when is this going to end? Unfortunatly, we still don't know the answer to that. 

At first when work shut down, I was happy. Didn't have to go to work? Yippee. But as the first month dragged on, it became less of a vacation and more of a jail sentence. I missed my co-workers, (well some of them). I missed the structure of a schedule. 

So, Wilson and I went on a few field trips. We went to the park several times. I took him to the parking lot of my old hangout that was now closed. I showed him the house I grew up in and my elementary and high schools. Somehow getting out of the house, even while staying in my car helped. And, Wilson helped, as crazy as it sounds. He was there. He listened. He looked at me with his big eyes urging me to get out of my recliner and exercise. And, no I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

What have you done to make it through this trying time? I would love to know.

Until next week, stay safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment