Saturday, December 31, 2011

RESOLUTION TIME


Yep, it's that time of year again. New Year's resolution time. When most of us voluntarily set ourselves up for failure. Quit smoking, lose weight, manage our money better, be kinder, be more patient, etc, etc. All lofty goals with lots of good intentions behind each and every one. But, how many of us succeed? I'm sure there is some sort of statistic out there showing success and failure rate. But, I'm not going to look it up because, you know what? I don't want to know. That statistic doesn't really matter. What does matter is the hope and the belief that this will be our year. That this year we will change our lives for the better. So here's to hoping for success in the coming year in whatever you want to accomplish.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect post for new year. Even if we don't make our goals/resolutions, at least we've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't say what you hoped to succeed with. Hope it's your goal to finish Jano and that little MS out there with Avalon.

    I don't do resolutions because I know I'm going to fail. Once I tried to quit cussing, but that damn sure didn't work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, it's all about trying. And Becky, I didn't really make a resolution. I don't need to feel like a failure any more than I do. Damnit!

    ReplyDelete