Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Stir Fry - Spring Break



Okay, I'm going to sound really old and cranky here, but I don't understand why young people need a 'spring break'.
Abacus Warning; here comes the old part. I never had a 'spring break' when I was growing up. We went to school 24/7 year round. Well, not really, but I swear we went to school more than today's kids. I mean they have teacher conference days off, every holiday imaginable, snow days when there isn't much snow, winter break, spring break and on and on.

I think resort areas started this whole thing. Which I kinda understand. How else are warm, sunny vacation destinations going to make any money unless they get a bunch of 21 year old college partiers to rent seedy motel rooms, get drunk and spend all their parent's money in less than a week?


Study tableOkay, college can be difficult. Professors actually expect you to do the assignments without holding your hand. I understand that. But grade school?
"Wanda, I don't think you understand how hard spelling, math and reading are. They are really, really hard. Not to mention all that learning stuff interferes with my Play Station time like crazy."  Um, yeah, whatever.

Pretty sure 'spring break' is here to stay, but I still don't get it. Am I just being a cranky old woman? Tell what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment