What does it take to make you happy?
I think it's different for everyone.
1. Time off. Being away from my day job makes me happy.
2. Writing and editing. Being creative and using parts of my brain that get neglected during the week.
3. Spending time with my writer groups. They really get my inspiration going.
4. Spending time with my son. He lives far away now, so it doesn't occur very often. When I get to hug him, it's the best.
5. The Cardinals in first place in September.
6. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with cream gravy and green beans.
That's my short list. Let me know one or two of your happy places.