Friday, February 20, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - What The Heck?

"What the heck was I thinking?'
"What the heck are you thinking?"
"What the heck is up with this weather?"

Sometimes 'heck' gets substituted with 'hell'. Same meaning, just a little stronger statement. (I bet most people in the eastern United States are saying it a lot).

I utter this statement after a night of too much partying and I'm paying for it with a queasy stomach and headache. Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is.

http://www.morguefile.com



Other times it's just because I should have spent my time more wisely, like writing instead of watching another re-run of Murder She Wrote. It's not like I don't know how it's going to end. Jessica always gets her man.

Lately I've said "What the heck is going on?" because our usually non violent city has gone nuts. In the last few weeks a police officer was shot in the head (he survived but is facing extensive rehab), a mother and son were shot and killed, a couple were found shot in their home, a police officer shot and killed an unarmed man, and just yesterday three people were found in a burning home, apparently all shot. Also, there have been some stabbings and such. What the heck??? I blame it mainly on drugs, gangs and too many guns. But, that's just my opinion. 

So, while we are all waiting on Spring, let's calm down, take a breath and repeat after me "This Too Shall Pass." (I hope)


5 comments:

  1. Too little sunshine. Too little self-control and not enough love in the world. I hear people say they are bored. I said I was bored once when I was a kid. My dad gave me so much to do I didn't get done for 3 days. Haven't been bored since. I hope this passes. Keep the faith. We all waste time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world gone mad. Every feel as if we're in weird version of Mad Maxx?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Springfield has gone mad. Hope this passes. I like my town too much to keep seeing this shit happen.

      Delete
  3. As long as human beings are what they are, it's not going to change.

    ReplyDelete