I've been babysitting my son and daughter-n-law's cat the last two weeks. I'm not a pet person. I don't mind doing this for them, but it's not something I would want to do every day of my life.
Pets are cute and adorable and a lot of people couldn't imagine life without them. I'm not one of those people. I think it's because I'm an only child. I enjoy my solitude. I guess I'm a bit selfish, also. I don't want to have to think about getting home to make sure the cat or dog are fed and watered and still alive.
Here are a few things I've learned about cats.
- They don't give a crap about anything.
- They will lay down anywhere they want, even the shower.
- They have a look about them (like the one pictured) that indicates they want to kill you.
- They don't take the word 'no' easily.
- You had better have a snack, food, water, and clean litter ready whenever they want it.
- Pretty sure they get annoyed when you meow back at them.
- My lap is no longer mine. It is a soft, squishy pillow for him.
- Don't leave anything out you don't want them to get into, because they will.
- They will not come when you call them - and finally.
- If you don't pet them exactly where and exactly when they want, they will not leave you alone.