Friday, October 24, 2014

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Halloween




Do you dress up for Halloween? Here I am a few years ago at what was then my favorite watering hole. Our city has a Halloween Pub Crawl in the downtown area and you can see all kinds of costumes. It's make believe for adults. For a few hours we get to pretend to be somebody else. It's kind of like when I lose myself writing. I become a different person for a while and escape to another world where I can leave my problems behind and just have fun pretending.

Here are a few of my favorite costumes from past years.

Green Acres
Roaring Twenties


Tigger and Dog

Ho, Ho, Ho Jolly Green Giant

                   










Woody


These are all very creative and cute. I don't see much of these people anymore since I changed watering holes, but I'm sure this Saturday there will be plenty of other cool costumes and memories to be made. 
             Let me know if you enjoy Halloween.

4 comments:

  1. Love me some Halloween. I don't dress up, but there's something mysterious and darkly delicious about the holiday that gets me excited. All Saint's Day is one of my favorites too. I light a candle in the evening in case my lost loved ones need a light to guide them home. No takers yet--which is probably a good thing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know, the veils between the worlds is thinnest on Samhain. I've actually felt my mother's and grandmother's spirit when I stare at a flame.

      Delete
  2. And I thought I was too old for Halloween. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too old. Where have you been. Missed you at ORA

      Delete