Yep, I'm going to do this again. Just shoot me now.
You may be asking yourself why I put myself through this if I would prefer to be shot? The answer is complicated but, I'll do my best to explain with a list. Who doesn't like lists?
- This is how I finally wrote my first novel. Without NaNo, I might still be saying "I want to write a novel someday".
- They are such a supportive group and they provide some terrific pep talks from famous authors.
- The forums are both hilarious and supportive. I've actually connected with a few people on Facebook during the rest of the year.
- It's free, although donations are greatly appreciated and I always donate $10.00. What a deal!
- It's a challenge and what is life without a few challenges along the way? Boring.
- I'm part of something bigger than myself. People from all over the world participate.
- NaNo is a not for profit and they promote writing in schools with their Young Writer's Program.