Friday, October 2, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Social Media

http://www.morguefile.com


I spend a lot of time online - probably more than I should. I rationalize it with the fact I live alone and it makes me feel less lonely. Plus, I don't do much traveling or fun stuff, so I get to visit interesting places vicariously through other people's posts. And once in a while, I see something that inspires my writing. Also, it's a place to promote my books. Although, I really try to limit that to just a few posts now and then.

I'm mainly on Facebook and Twitter. I do have a Pinterest account, but for some reason, I don't visit often. I haven't ventured to Instagram or other places yet. I like the slowness of Facebook over the wham bam of Twitter. I use Hootsuite as a filter, but it's still too fast. I know, I know, I'm getting old. You youngin's are just too fast for me.

And, yes, I'm one of those people who play the games on book face. But, at least I filter them so I'm not bugging people who aren't wasting their time playing.

How much time to you spend online and what sites do you prefer? I would love to know. Maybe I'll discover a new place to waste away the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment