Friday, October 30, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - To NaNo or Not To NaNo


I've got just one day left to make up my mind. Should I do this or not? This, of course, is National Novel Writing Month. If you've been living under a rock for the past 15 plus years, here is a link for more information. http://nanowrimo.org/

I signed up. I have an idea. How about a list of pros and cons.

PROS
It's a good way to get words on paper. Even if they're not very good words.
There is a sense of achievement when you get your daily word count.
I may never have a finished novel if it wasn't for this.
I enjoy participating with crazy people like me from all over the world.
What else have I got to do?

CONS
First, it's hard. Much harder than you can imagine. The brain refuses to cooperate after a while.
It's depressing and demoralizing when you fall behind in word count.
I really should finish my current WIP instead of starting another.
To achieve word count, I have to get up early and write. Use my lunch hour to write. And, write after a long day of work. That's stretching my lazy ass to it's limits.  
I have a baby quilt to finish.

Well, it looks like we have a tie. Anybody up for rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock? 

Stay tuned and you'll learn my decision next week.





3 comments:

  1. Just do it for fun, Wanda! No pressure. And why can't you use your WIP? Can you get another 50K on it? You can do a Rebel and work on that. I did that twice in the last 8 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but I don't think there is 50,000 more words to it. Plus, I think I need to start something new and get the writing juices flowing again. Because my WIP is more like a snail in progress.

      Delete
  2. There's no right or wrong answer. As for me, I'm already as busy on my wip as I can be, so do not need Nano to encourage me to write more.

    ReplyDelete