Friday, November 13, 2015

FRIDAY STIR FRY - I'm With Stupid

https://www.morguefile.com


Okay, picture my doppelganger standing next to me and we each have that stupid tee shirt on pointing at each other. That would be me this month. Or like those mountain goats, I made a decision I probably shouldn't have.

Some of you may have noticed I didn't post last week. At least I hope you noticed. The reason - I jumped into the NaNo madness. Yep, I decided to try again to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Ugghhh. I wish somebody had stopped me.

Folks, it is hard. Especially when you are old, your arthritis acts up, work sucks and so does your novel. And you are also on a time limit to complete a hand quilted baby blanket.

The first week was okay. I managed to keep up on word count. But, day 10 I faltered. Didn't feel good. Had to take a pain pill and fell behind. I'm still behind even though I had Veteran's day off from work.

Week two of NaNo is notorious for tripping people up. The beginning excitement is gone and your novel has stagnated. And you wonder what the hell you were thinking. Just like I am now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still writing every day, just not as many words as needed to make the goal. And I plan to continue writing every day. Because, I know if I stop, this story won't get finished and I want to finish it. No, I need to finish it, just to prove I can.

In the past I have managed to catch up over Thanksgiving weekend, so there is hope. Ever so slight hope, but hope none the less.

4 comments:

  1. Pop into my ChatNoNa in the evening. I'm going to be there off an on and I will usually post it on my region board when I'm there. I understand the pain and I know you're tired in the evenings but if you feel you can do it, you are always welcome!

    But I'm glad you're not giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I have the perfect excuse. I broke my foot at the end of October. I can't get up and do anything anyway, so why not write? It's all drivel, but I'm getting words on the page...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your foot, but glad you have time to write. Wish I did. But, I don't want to break anything. :-)

      Delete