Friday, April 21, 2017

FRIDAY STIR FRY - Progress

https://morguefile.com
Writing a book is like solving a crossword puzzle. The words have to fit or you spend all your time erasing wrong choices. That's not to say first drafts aren't a mess, but the more you can figure out the first time through, the less complicated re-writes are going to be.  

I've actually added a few words to my second book, Coming Home. Yeah! I'm not going to tell you how many, because it's pretty pathetic, but for me it is progress.

And I figured out a plot problem. How do I keep my heroine in town long enough for stuff to happen between her and the hero? In Beyond the Horizon, Katie's car broke down and she was forced to spend time with Josh. While car problems are a common occurrence in most people's world, I didn't want to use that again. I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out. And, of course, the answer came to me in the middle of the night. Luckily, I remembered it the next morning, which doesn't always happen.


Now, all I have to do is write it. But, that's really the hard part. Last night after working at my day job, I went to bed at 7:30. That's how tired I am. I am taking Monday off, so here's to hoping I will sit my butt in chair and write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment